About our opportunity:
The Deputy Quality Manager has responsibility for the management and control of quality on site, maintaining agreed quality standards in line with key business objectives. Working as part of the site Management, the Deputy Quality Manager will represent the customer internally, manage quality control and promote quality assurance across all aspects of the business.
What you will be doing:
- Develop, implement, and monitor methods of measuring key variables.
- Co-ordinate, facilitate and conduct internal quality, and process control audits on a regular basis
- Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures
- Be responsible for an effective, accessible but secure archive system.
- Develop & implement testing and analysis procedures (along with the related training documentation).
- Ensure testing equipment is calibrated and in good working order.
- Process routing if site quarantine, rework, off specification and mixed materials
- Coordination and facilitation of the provision of test equipment and supplies to control points on the shop floor.
- Responsible for Health and Safety in the Laboratory
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the laboratory.
- Ensure that all material testing takes place accurately and in a timely manner.
- Establish (with purchasing department) quality requirements for external suppliers.
- Liaising with Production on a daily basis to communicate any changes to Raw Materials.
- Provide suppliers with information relating to the composition of supplied materials.
- Implement in-process quality to continuously improve product quality (including but not limited to Poke-yoke, visual factory, sampling plans, sampling instructions, specifications and troubleshooting guides).
- Analysis of product test results to determine trends and patterns, developing and maintaining an effective system for product trending.
- Use statistical methods to create product specifications.
- Enforce product specifications in line with agreed standards and customer requirements.
- Decide on disposal instructions for non-conforming materials
- Submit regular samples for REACH compliance.
- Issue statements of material compliance.
- Control the Certificate of Analysis process.
In conjunction with operations define, and amend, new and existing quality procedures.
Implementation and control of the NCR process in line with ISO 9001 requirements
Ensure that all customer and supplier quality assurance procedures and practices are adhered to. · Identify suitable external laboratory facilities to accommodate off-site testing needs
Co-ordinate external laboratory programs (waste streams, effluent and filter cake checks).
Co-ordinate all external testing of the material properties not available at MBA UK.
To report all near misses, accidents and faulty equipment/machinery.
Maintain a baseline quality for all products
Improve baseline quality as required to support the business and customers
Specific technical support to the Extrusion Department
Delivery of optimised raw material blends for the plant
Support Capital Improvements with studies and input on solution design
Provide technical support in customers manufacturing operations as required (Complaints, Product Development) with Technical Team.
Report to MBA risks and opportunities relating to changing legislation around chemicals and Hazardous substances
- BSc in a technical discipline such as Engineering (polymer, chemical, material), chemistry or
- polymer science.
- Experience in a management role
- Driving license
- 5 years in the plastics industry
- Experience of polymer formulation and or compounding
- Project Management
- CI Knowledge/Experience
- Experience of Polymer Testing
Attractive salary plus benefits
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
It goes without saying that you will need the correct licences or certificates for a variety of our roles.
However, at EMR we value the way we do things as much as the delivery. We call our expectations our Behaviours. They align with our Values of We Care and We Do, and they apply across all levels and roles in the business.
- Integrity – you are Respectful and Honest
- Trust – you are Collaborative and Genuine
- Accountable – you are Determined and Responsible
- Innovative – you have a Growth Mind-set and you are Progressive
The EMR Way- Our Behaviours will achieve success as One Team.
If you embody our Behaviours, we want to hear from you!