About our opportunity:
The ELV Team Leader is responsible for all ELV related activities when handling and processing End of Life vehicles, safely and compliantly whilst providing excellent customer service and managing ELV stocks efficiently.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee a small team of ELV operatives ensuring all Site ELV KPIs are met
- You will be fully trained in all aspects of ELV operations including FLT/360 licence, small tools and procedural/safe vehicle depollution.
- Responsible to ensure completion of Inspection/Servicing of all ELV equipment/plant to ensure regulatory compliance
- Responsible to ensure depolluted vehicles are loaded out in a timely manner
- Responsible to ensure all staff have up to date Training Records
- Responsible to ensure all daily check sheets are issued/completed and filed accordingly
- Responsible to ensure good housekeeping procedures are followed with a robust auditing plan to suit
- Responsible to ensure for the safe removal of all catalytic convertors/labelling/documentation and the subsequent transport from the Site.
- Perform out turns on each vehicle confirming what has been removed using the mobile device provided.
- Weigh out batteries, wheels and Cats on a regular basis as sales are despatched.
- Achieve daily targets on the number of vehicles per day to be depolluted.
- Carry out accurate valuations of catalytic converters with training to be provided to the ELV Team.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards so that the ELV building and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Play an active part in depot safety performance through being a safety leader on-site.
- Identify, report and deal with hazards. Challenge unsafe behaviours and ensure compliance with all EMR SOP’s.
- Ensure Customers are following Site Safety Rules
- Daily Communication with the Site Manager including report writing
- Assist in all ELV monthly stock checks with associated documentation
- Previous experience of a vehicle depollution/metal recycling activities is preferable but not essential
- FLT experience preferable
- Ability to use a hand held portable tablet for recording information
- Previous car mechanic experience beneficial
- The ability to demonstrate excellent team working relationships, fostering an environment based on trust and mutual respect.
- Capable of assessing information and effectively communication of it
- Experience of working in a fluid environment where priorities can change and flexibility is essential.
- PC Skills
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
Due to the nature of the role, a financial and DBS background check is also required, at the employer’s expense.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.