About our opportunity:
Are you currently working in wind, solar, other or other renewables technologies, and ready for a new challenge? You may have been involved in the planning, construction, or service and maintenance of such assets; now you could be at the forefront of a new industry, where the resources and materials from renewables infrastructure are recovered and returned to the supply chain.
EMR is developing a new service offering to provide circular economy decommissioning solutions for end-of-life renewable energy assets, including wind turbines, solar panels, and related assets. It is now delivering projects with some of the world’s biggest renewables developers and operators.
We are seeking an ambitious project manager to be an integral part of this new growing and dynamic business area. You should thrive in innovation-driven environment and be eager to put your exceptional project management methodology to the test, driving these groundbreaking projects to success.
The primary responsibility of this position is to successfully lead the delivery of operational projects relating to Energy Infrastructure Recycling activities, both in the UK and further afield. As part of this, you will be tasked with managing multi-disciplined personnel within EMR and its contractors. You will manage these projects from the planning stages through to execution.
This position will also play an active part in driving forward innovation projects and investment opportunities, working with existing operational teams at EMR and building new facilities to carry out future business activities.
There is plenty of opportunity to grow the role to suit your skills and passions. We are seeking the right person for the role, and while meeting all the skills requirements is preferred, not meeting them all will not be a show-stopper if you possess the right attitude, eagerness to learn, and a proven ability to adapt and grow.
What you will be doing:
You will be playing an active role in shaping the development of a world-leading circular economy decommissioning service offering for renewable energy clients in the UK. The key responsibilities are:
- Delivering project scopes to time, quality, and cost
- Managing sub-contractors and service suppliers as part of specific projects
- Building and managing strong relationships with partners, and internal stakeholders
- Establishing effective communications across the whole project delivery team
- Taking the lead on problem solving and decision making within projects
- Liaising closely with SHE colleagues and experts to ensure safe delivery of schemes and initiatives
- Controlling internal and external commercial aspects of the project under the contract arrangements
- Working with relevant operational teams in EMR on new projects, including overseeing testing and validation of pilot projects
- Relevant engineering or management degree or relevant successful experience in project management, preferably in the renewable energy sector
- Knowledge and experience of contract administration, cost management, and project delivery,
- Comfortable working in an innovation environment and establishing new processes
- Self-starter who enjoys working under own initiative
- Ability to balance changing and competing priorities across workload
- Excellent communication skills
Able to adapt and work on multiple projects simultaneously
Attractive salary plus great benefits such as:
- Bonus scheme
- Car allowance (full EV car scheme)
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays , plus each year you will have the option to buy and sell leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Support to include Life Assurance and critical illness pay
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
- Online savings- major retailers, utilities, entertainment plus many more
Who we are?
Who we are
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
At EMR we value the way we do things as much as the delivery. We call our expectations our Behaviours. They align with our Values of We Care and We Do, and they apply across all levels and roles in the business.
- Integrity – you are Respectful and Honest
- Trust – you are Collaborative and Authentic
- Accountable – you are Determined and Responsible
- Innovative – you have a Growth Mind-set and you are Progressive