About our opportunity:
As an organisation, we have the capability of a corporate and the agility of a family-owned company. We put our success down to our innovative and supportive workforce, and we are offering the opportunity for engineering students who share our ambition and approach to join us on a yearlong paid placement.
You will be working with our central engineering team, providing support to the business, as well as leading the search for new process solutions. Your skill-set will be developed by being involved in the whole project cycle, from initial concept, material characterisation, process trials, process definition, detail design work, procurement, installation, commissioning and ongoing process improvement. In addition, we plan to do social/teambuilding activities throughout the year with the central engineering team.
If you are an Engineering student looking for a placement as part of your sandwich degree, this is an ideal opportunity to work with a market leader and to work in an industry that makes a difference to our world, we want to hear from you.
What you will be doing:
- Hands-on work on projects using a range of skills and knowledge
- Forming part of an innovative, enthusiastic and friendly team based in Birmingham
- Working with a team of experienced engineers
- Working experience in a complex growth market with exciting opportunities.
- 2nd or 3rd year completed
- 2:1 (Predicted) in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- Ability to work long term in the UK
- Enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Interest in hands-on engineering
- Excellent communication skills
The Selection Process
- Send us your CV and covering letter saying why you want to have a placement year with us
- Initial stage is a short video interview
- Followed by a Site tour and 45-minute second interviews for selected candidates
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
It goes without saying that you will need the correct licences or certificates for a variety of our roles.
However, at EMR we value the way we do things as much as the delivery. We call our expectations our Behaviours. They align with our Values of We Care and We Do, and they apply across all levels and roles in the business.
- Integrity – you are Respectful and Honest
- Trust – you are Collaborative and Authentic
- Accountable – you are Determined and Responsible
- Innovative – you have a Growth Mind-set and you are Progressive
If we all carry out our roles in line with these Behaviours, we will achieve success as One Team. If you embody our Behaviours, we want to hear from you!