About our opportunity:
As a Fridge Plant Recycling Operative, you will develop a solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of what it takes to be at the forefront of recycling and sustainability, and you will be supported with training along the way.
What you will be doing:
- Degassing the fridges and removing parts i.e cables, compressor in preparation for the shredder process.
- Using hand tools to strip out components and sort into different bags
- Attention to constant housekeeping to ensure clean and clear workspaces
- Safely operating and be willing to learn the operation of various items of plant on site.
- Conducting regular checks on machinery and work areas, reporting any problems.
- Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
- Monitoring all visiting suppliers – including PPE compliance.
- Assisting depot management as required.
- Able to use hand tools - powered and non-powered in a production line type environment?
- Can you work safely and effectively in a large industrial environment?
- Are you organised and adaptable to meet business priorities?
- Do you have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working as part of a team?
- FLT Counterbalance would be an advantage
3 week rotating pattern
Week 1- 6:00-14:00 Monday - Saturday
Week 2 - 14:00 - 22:00 Monday to Friday
Week 3 - 22:00 - 06:00 Monday to Friday
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.