About our opportunity:
We are offering the opportunity for a skilled General Manager to drive forward our ambitious recycling capabilities at our Glasgow depot.
You will be working with our well established operational teams, providing support to a business that makes a true difference.
You will be leading our well established operational teams, taking operational responsibility for all of the depot. Your management experience in industry related settings means you will be exceeding targets, continuously improving our operation, and getting the most out of our colleagues and technology.
Your customer service and commercial background will ensure that our customers are given a high-quality experience when they enter our site, and there is a recognisable EMR brand across our operation.
What you will be doing:
- Leading and developing your workforce through your adaptive management style –You’re not afraid to roll your sleeves up and lead by example, and you appreciate that different people respond positively to different approaches.
- Encouraging collaboration with your team through many employee voice channels - You are a true believer that the best answers come from those who are living and breathing the operation.
- Making sure our people and operation is carried out safely – Safety is just the way you approach your work. You look to inspire a culture of safe working and your people believe SHE forms part of their role.
- Implements lean management and continuous improvement techniques- Inspiring others to reduce waste and improve productivity within the workforce
- Commercial and Customer - focused approach- You are a true advocate for Customer Service and making your operation a success, ensuring business excellence and service delivery is best in class
- Management of P&L- Manage and control the Operations budget and ensure profit margins are maintained
- Managing the financials of the operations- You're approach to a financial understanding of budgets and management of P&L will assist with identifying cost savings and opportunities for the future
- You have a strong track record of achievement in Operational & Commercial Management within your industry
- Your track record demonstrates that you are motivated and driven to achieve increased efficiencies, reduced costs, and improved outcomes in all operational areas;
- You're experienced in managing a dynamic team, and your management style is collaborative and inclusive.
- You will have good project management experience which has seen you make some value-added changes in your past.
- You will be able to develop strategies and plans to achieve strategic outcomes and influencing the wider business in operations.
Attractive salary plus benefits
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com