About our opportunity:
We are now looking for an ambitious and innovative individual to join our Service desk team, Head office, Warrington. You will be delivering excellent customer service and technical support to EMR colleagues using IT Services around the world.
What you will be doing:
- Responding to incidents and service requests logged in person, by telephone, by self-service or email.
- Ensure all incidents and support requests are logged and maintain complete and accurate records to aid in the resolution and for future reference and audit.
- Request ownership – keeping the customer fully up to date through the lifecycle of issues and follow up to ensure full resolution of issues.
- Managing individual workload as well as monitoring and taking ownership of new unassigned support tickets.
- Providing remote support and troubleshooting as well as desk side support, including travel to remote sites as and when required.
- Configuration and installation of hardware including computers, printers, laptops, mobile devices.
- Adding key assets to the asset list when deploying and maintaining asset details from implementation through to disposal.
- Escalation of incidents and service requests to other technical groups within the IT Department.
- Collaboration with other Service Desk colleagues to achieve the highest level of service delivery as a team.
- Assisting colleagues and providing training and troubleshooting assistance where required.
- Contribution to knowledge base articles.
- Be Involved in Service Desk / IT projects as and when required.
- Desirable- ITIL Foundation Certification, Customer Service Training, Service Desk Institute or similar qualification.
- Minimum of two years previous experience in a 1st/2nd line support environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose IT system problems including Windows operating systems, MS Office, network printing and basic networking issues.
- Ability to capture sufficient information when logging support requests.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good Customer Service skills.
- Strong communication, reading and writing skills.
- Able to work independently and manage workload priorities
- Flexible for shift patterns and potential requirement for travel including overnight stays.
- Potential for Saturday and Bank Holiday working which is paid as overtime on a rotation basis.
- The Service Desk Team cover the hours of 06:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday. Shifts are 06:00 – 15:00 and 09:00 – 18:00
- Saturday shift is 07:00 – 13:00 on a rota basis following successful completion of probationary period.
Attractive salary plus great benefits such as:
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays and 25 in 2023, plus each year you will have the option to buy and sell leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Support to include Life Assurance and critical illness pay
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
- Online savings- major retailers, utilities, entertainment plus many more
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com