About our opportunity:
As well as being part of the Driving Team, the main objective of the role is to ensure all LGV drivers (C & C+E) including any agency staff are fully trained in accordance with company and legislative requirements that are aligned to the business strategy. The role also involves coaching drivers to improve safety standards, fuel efficiencies and driving standards.
What you will be doing:
- Assisting the Transport Manager maintain compliance, excellent safety standards and driving standards.
- Assessing / Coaching drivers in use of vehicles and equipment
- Completing written assessment reports and recommending follow up actions
- Deliver classroom presentations on Highway Code, Drivers hours, Safe Loading, Health & Safety, and working time directive rules and regulations etc
- Coaching drivers in fuel efficient driving (e.g. SAFED)
- Reviewing data from the in cab telematics and Tachograph analysis systems including Driver Hour Infringements, MPG, Idling, Speeding, Harsh Braking/Acceleration and agreeing a corrective training plan with the driver.
- Issue and coach in use of Driver Handbooks
- Training drivers in correct method of achieving load security
- Coaching drivers in conducting daily defect checks where required
- Coaching drivers in use of Tachograph and adherence to rules where required
- Coaching drivers in systems of tyre and wheel safety / security
- Deliver other training and coaching as required
- Creating and Maintaining records of coaching / training
- Delivering Tool Box Talks and Weekly Briefings
- Driving vehicles as ‘back up’ driver where required
- Feeding back relevant information from Drivers to the Transport Manager
- Keep up to date with developments in training i.e. reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
- Carrying out customer site surveys as required by the Transport Manager
- Previous experience in driver training / coaching would be a decided advantage
- Essential to this position is your LGV C or C+E licence and a 12 month incident free record.
- Valid Driver CPC
- Desirable qualifications would be LGV Driver Assessor Certificate, DSA (Driver Standards Agency) LGV Instructor Certificate, SAFED (Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving), OLAT training, IOSH Supervising Safely.
- Capability to use IT systems including Excel and power-point presentations required
- Capability to review and update T2 Training
- A self motivated individual who demonstrates a pro active approach and can work to stringent time lines.
- Ability to carry out a vehicle defect check for the appropriate class of vehicle
- Understanding of tachograph rules and working time directive
- Understanding of vehicle fuel use and driver behaviours that influence mpg
- Ability to interpret written instructions,
- Ability to use smartphone / handheld computer
- Take a methodical approach to work
- Patient, work unsupervised, calm under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively co-Workers and manager.
- Ability to follow instructions but know when to discuss changes to plan with line manager
- Good communicator, able to avoid conflict
- Ability to recognise / anticipate hazardous situations and react accordingly
This will predominantly be a Monday-Friday role but flexibility will be required to perform some training at the weekend, mostly on Saturdays.
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.