About our opportunity:
The purpose of this role is to work as a member of the quality team to generate accurate measurements of infeed and finished goods performance
What you will be doing:
- Analysis of incoming raw materials
- Collection and analysis of process samples from different areas of site
- Sample preparation
- Testing of materials
- Performing periodic checks on equipment/machinery within the Lab
- Participation in the Lab 5S programme
- Compilation of Laboratory reports when required
- Operating machinery and equipment, when trained
- To provide resource to other departments in terms of material testing
- Conducting appropriate checks on machinery/equipment, reporting any errors/issues immediately to you supervisor
- Clean down of equipment after use
- Happy to work outdoors (collecting samples will involve working outdoors)
- Basic excel skills required
- Experience of analysing material within a lab environment would be an advantage
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.