About our opportunity:
To carry out reactive, predictive and planned Maintenance.
What you will be doing:
- Promoting a positive Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Culture throughout the business.
- Conduct and provide guidance and support in the development of risk analysis, developing SOP’s and improvement plans.
- Proactive and reactive work on the depot as required.
- Implement RCA approach to eliminate repeat issues.
- Provide direction to the operational team.
- Maintain critical spares levels for routine maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and drive shared learnings to improve performance across region/UK.
- Liaise with and manage contractors to ensure correct RAMS are in place prior to work commencement and adhered to during work.
- Work with suppliers to ensure the best quality, service and prices are available to us.
- Keep all documentation of work complete up to date on CMMS.
- Attend training as required to keep within legislation and up to date knowledge.
- A nationally recognised mechanical or Electrical time served apprenticeship minimum level 3.
- Computer literate.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team, equally comfortable working alone and ability to use your own initiative.
- Multi Skilled - 70 /30 Mechanical / Electrical or 70/30 Electrical / Mechanical skill set
- Power transmission.
- Basic hydraulics/pneumatics.
- Basic welding and fabrication.
- Shear, baler or recycling equipment experience beneficial but not essential.
- Experience of working on mobile plant advantageous.
- IOSH qualification.
4 on 4 off - 42 hours per week (paid an average 42 hours per week due to the shift pattern)
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.