About our opportunity:
Regardless of which area they specialise in, our Site Operatives are our most important people. Without their hard work, dedication and customer service, our depots wouldn't be the successes they are today.
As a Non Ferrous Site Operative, you will develop a solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of what it takes to be at the forefront of recycling and sustainability, and you will be supported with training along the way.
If you have any type of experience in metal grading, operating a weighbridge, fork lift trucks or any other heavy mobile plant, we want you to apply.
What you will be doing:
. Assisting customers and clients who come to the depot with non-ferrous metals
· Thoroughly grading and weighing incoming materials to ensure quality is maintained.
· Operating various types of mobile and static plant to unload, load, process and transport various materials on site.
· Safely operating and be willing to learn the operation of various items of plant on site.
· Conducting regular checks on machinery and work areas, reporting any problems.
· Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
· Monitoring all visiting suppliers – including PPE compliance.
· Assisting depot management as required.
· Do you have any experience with metal grading?
· Can you work safely and effectively in a large industrial environment?
· Are you organised adaptable to meet business priorities?
· Do you have good communication and customer service skills?
· Are you comfortable working outside?
· Do you have a ‘can do’ attitude?
· Can you travel to and from the depot without difficulty?
· Are you happy to undergo a financial and DBS background check, paid for by us?
Monday to Friday - 45 hours per week + every second Saturday morning which is classed as overtime and paid at an enhanced rate.
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
Due to the nature of the role, a financial and DBS background check is also required, at the employer’s expense.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.