About our opportunity:
The role of Operations Manager at EMR Group is broad in its requirements and provides a challenging but rewarding working environment. Reporting to the General Manager of the depot, the successful candidate will be required to adopt a continuous improvement approach, and be responsible for ensuring safe, environmentally sound, efficient and productive operations within the area of responsibility and for meeting operational and product quality targets.
What you will be doing:
- Leading and developing your workforce through your adaptive management style –You’re not afraid to roll your sleeves up and lead by example, and you appreciate that different people respond positively to different approaches.
- Encouraging collaboration with your team through many employee voice channels - You are a true believer that the best answers come from those who are living and breathing the operation.
- Making sure our people and operation is carried out safely – Safety is just the way you approach your work. You look to inspire a culture of safe working and your people believe SHE forms part of their role.
- Implements lean management and continuous improvement techniques- Inspiring others to reduce waste and improve productivity within the workforce
- Commercial and Customer - focused approach- You are a true advocate for Customer Service and making your operation a success
- You have a strong track record of achievement in Operational Management within your industry
- Your track record demonstrates that you are motivated and driven to achieve increased efficiencies, reduced costs, and improved outcomes in all operational areas
- You're experienced in managing a dynamic team, and your management style is collaborative and including.
- You will have good project management experience which has seen you make some value-added changes in your past.
- You will be able to develop strategies and plans to achieve strategic outcomes and influencing the wider business in operations.
Attractive salary plus benefits
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, plus each year you will have the option to buy and sell leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Support to include Life Assurance and critical illness pay
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
It goes without saying that you will need the correct licences or certificates for a variety of our roles.
However, at EMR we value the way we do things as much as the delivery. We call our expectations our Behaviours. They align with our Values of We Care and We Do, and they apply across all levels and roles in the business.
- Integrity – you are Respectful and Honest
- Trust – you are Collaborative and Authentic
- Accountable – you are Determined and Responsible
- Innovative – you have a Growth Mind-set and you are Progressive
If we all carry out our roles in line with these Behaviours, we will achieve success as One Team. If you embody our Behaviours, we want to hear from you!