About our opportunity:
As a Plant Fitter, you will use and build upon your solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of plant maintenance and repair. You will be supported with training and development along the way so that you can expand your skills and responsibilities further.
If you have any type of experience in working on/carrying out maintenance on varied plant machinery, heavy engineering equipment, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, conveyor systems, shredders, motors, 3 phase system and power supply we want you to apply.
What you will be doing:
Our maintenance team members are significant to our depots, without their knowledge and experience in reactive and planned maintenance, we could come to a standstill.
You could be performing a range of mechanical activities to ensure the plant runs efficiently. Previous experience of working in an industrial/factory environment would be beneficial.
Ideally, you will have worked on heavy machinery and plant - pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, conveyor systems, shredders, motors, 3 phase system and power supply. If you've got experience working as an engineer/fitter and have qualifications to back it up, then we would like to hear from you.
Attractive salary plus great benefits such as:
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, plus each year you will have the option to buy and sell leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Support to include Life Assurance and critical illness pay
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
- Online savings- major retailers, utilities, entertainment plus many more
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
It goes without saying that you will need the correct licences or certificates for a variety of our roles.
However, at EMR we value the way we do things as much as the delivery. We call our expectations our Behaviours. They align with our Values of We Care and We Do, and they apply across all levels and roles in the business.
- Integrity – you are Respectful and Honest
- Trust – you are Collaborative and Authentic
- Accountable – you are Determined and Responsible
- Innovative – you have a Growth Mind-set and you are Progressive
If we all carry out our roles in line with these Behaviours, we will achieve success as One Team. If you embody our Behaviours, we want to hear from you!