About our opportunity:
EMR is shaping the future of sustainability and we need a Retail Marketing Manager who knows what makes customers tick, and is able to shape and deliver key messages to the local businesses and people who visit us every day.
Your commitment will drive our retail offering. The role comes with limitless potential to grow our customer base and bring in ever-more valuable material for recycling – improving the environment locally and globally.
Do you want to make a difference to our planet for future generations? Then EMR is the place for you!
What you will be doing:
- You will define, lead and implement the marketing strategy for our retail sector
- You will manage the day-to-day implementation of retail marketing activity, covering all elements of the marketing mix and including all marketing channels
- You will devise, plan and implement strategic campaigns, events and advertising that drives customer engagement and footfall
- You will work closely with our UK network of sites and sales teams to develop and implement marketing and promotional activity
- You will ensure that all agreed marketing activity is delivered on time, within budget and to a high standard
- You will work alongside the wider marketing team to create engaging campaigns that align with our brand guidelines
- You will develop an engaging retail customer experience
- You will develop a high level of customer insight into our retail sector
- You will work alongside the wider marketing team to evaluate the effectiveness of retail campaigns
- You will ensure customer feedback and opinions are gathered on a regular basis
- Your communication skills will regularly engage our UK network of sites and sales teams
- Your in-depth market knowledge will contribute to the development of the annual marketing plans, including the retail marketing activities and associated budget
- You will manage the Marketing Executive, including annual objectives, training and development, progression and daily tasks
- You’re positive and enthusiastic
- You have passion for improving customer experience
- You have experience in the retail and customer experience sector
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- You are creative with a keen eye for detail
- You can work on multiple projects, prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- You can prepare and deliver strategic marketing plans and presentations
- You have experience of developing and working within budgets
- You’re educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a business or marketing-related subject
- You have a minimum 5 years experience in a marketing function
- You have experience of all elements of the marketing mix
If you’re ready to seize this opportunity and use your extensive retail marketing experience to help the planet get in touch; even if you don’t meet all the requirements.
Attractive salary plus great benefits such as:
- Flexible, hybrid working – split between our offices in Warrington and working from home
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays and 25 in 2023, plus each year you will have the option to buy and sell leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Support to include Life Assurance and critical illness pay
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
- Online savings - major retailers, utilities, entertainment plus many more
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
It goes without saying that you will need the correct licences or certificates for a variety of our roles.
However, at EMR we value the way we do things as much as the delivery. We call our expectations our Behaviours. They align with our Values of We Care and We Do, and they apply across all levels and roles in the business.
- Integrity – you are Respectful and Honest
- Trust – you are Collaborative and Authentic
- Accountable – you are Determined and Responsible
- Innovative – you have a Growth Mind-set and you are Progressive
If we all carry out our roles in line with these Behaviours, we will achieve success as One Team. If you embody our Behaviours, we want to hear from you!