About our opportunity:
Are you looking for a sustainable career? Where no two days are the same? Whilst working for an ethical employer who truly makes a difference to our planet?
By playing a key part in our bold commitment to transform our business into a provider of net zero carbon sustainable materials by 2040. Truly you will be making the world a better place to live for the next generation.
You will be responsible for managing your shift through shift supervisors, to maintain and improve plant performance and safe operation of the plant.
What you will be doing:
You will be responsible for problem solving, breakdown solution, reviewing product quality, liaising with engineering, support functions, contractors and suppliers.
Here's a few more responsibilities that you will have:
- Monitoring and ensuring that performance metrics are maintained
- Promotion and implementation of continuous improvement and ensuring that continuous improvement initiatives are adopted on shift
- Involvement in recruitment and selection of colleagues
- Mentor and on-board Shift Supervisors
- Ensure relevant planned preventative maintenance activities are delivered in conjunction with the Process Engineer
You will have previous supervisory/managerial experience with a record of mentoring junior staff
You will have a basic management qualifications or equivalent training in people management
You will be computer literate and have good knowledge of Microsoft programs
It would be advantageous if you had IOSH and an engineering background
4 on 4 off – 12 hour shifts. 7am to 7pm
Attractive salary plus great benefits such as:
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 23 Including bank holidays , plus each year you will have the option to buy and sell leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Support to include Life Assurance and critical illness pay
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
- Online savings- major retailers, utilities, entertainment plus many more
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
It goes without saying that you will need the correct licences or certificates for a variety of our roles.
However, at EMR we value the way we do things as much as the delivery. We call our expectations our Behaviours. They align with our Values of We Care and We Do, and they apply across all levels and roles in the business.
- Integrity – you are Respectful and Honest
- Trust – you are Collaborative and Authentic
- Accountable – you are Determined and Responsible
- Innovative – you have a Growth Mind-set and you are Progressive
If we all carry out our roles in line with these Behaviours, we will achieve success as One Team. If you embody our Behaviours, we want to hear from you!