About our opportunity:
The role of Team Leader at EMR Group is broad in its requirements and provides a challenging but rewarding working environment. Supporting the operations performance for the depot.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee day to day Operation of Ferrous Yard assisting Depot Operations Manager.
- Leading End of Life vehicle operation, and supporting non ferrous duties
- Responsible for Health, Safety and Environmental welfare of staff / customers and site.
- Assist with material out turns to report back to Operations Manager and Non Ferrous Area Manager.
- Manage stock levels and report to Operations Manager the need for material sales etc.
- Maintain quality control measures to incoming scrap metal material
- Co-ordinating monthly stock takes
- Operating Mobile Plant such as counterbalance forklift / crane to carry out loading / sorting duties within yard (Training will be provided)
- Develop a detailed understanding of all metal grades to UK specification but also understand the nuances of all matters of upgrading
- Ensure material is graded and stored appropriately
- Self develop through training and plant qualifications
- Understand stocks and costs of stock control
- Undertake a continuous improvement approach to ensure optimum efficiency and performance
Attractive Salary and Package
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com