About our opportunity:
The role of Deep Sea Shipment Coordinator deals with the processing of shipments under our deep sea / short see operations under various payment methods such as Letters of Credit, documentary collections and other such trade finance products.
This is a very specialist role that is critical to negotiating the payment cycle through a number of banking processes, as well as adhering to international trade and financial laws. The traffic operator will be point of contact for the life cycle of the contract to completion dealing with our ship operation departments, customers , inspection agents and internal departments.
What you will be doing:
- Drawing and issuing of Offers/Contracts, Checking Contracts according to Sales/Purchase confirmations
- Regular updates to relevant parties including monitoring of deadlines
- Processing documentation for documentary collections and other payment methods
- Processing of all aspects of letters of credit (Export – negotiation, issue, advise amend, acceptance, discount, payment, checking documents). The timely and accurate processing of error free letters of credit in order to effect shipment and payment under the LC
- Vessel and Surveyor Nominations
- Overviewing and daily updating and of loading / discharging operation
- Finalising Claims including laytime calculations with customer
- Applying knowledge to governing rules such as UCP 600, URC 522, ISBP for examination of documents under UCP 600, URR725, and ICC incoterms 2020
- Reconciling and managing of a number of customer accounts, resolving queries and arranging offsets as applicable
- Liaising with customers to ensure payments received in a timely fashion, resolving any queries raised
- Updating in house systems with current details in order to accurately reflect shipment status at any given time
- You have a strong track record of achievement in an international environment in Traffic / shipping experience
- You will have knowledge of UCP 600, URC 522, URR725, ISBP 745 and ICC incoterms 2020.
- You will have good Knowledge of laytime calculations
- It would be an advantage but not essential that you have previous experience of Letters of Credit documentation
- Commercial / Higher education with experience in deep sea operations
Attractive salary plus great benefits
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com