About our opportunity:
The job purpose is to ensure that requests for transport service are captured, recorded accurately and responded to in line with the previously agreed internal or external customer requirements whilst, striving for efficiencies and service excellence. Maintaining excellent standards of safety and delivering the core values expected from our market leading recycling business.
45 hours per week - 07:30 start
Opportunities for training and career development
What you will be doing:
- Representing EMR professionally and being courteous with stakeholders at all times
· Planning, organising and managing the routing of deliveries and collections to meet the
requirements of the organisation and our customers
· Liaising efficiently with internal and external customers resolving any problems that occur
· Supervising the drivers, managing overtime and efficiencies to ensure cost control
· Promoting and ensuring compliance with transport policies, procedures and legislation
· Where targets have been set for recovery of haulage cost then plan vehicle utilisation to ensure the targets are achieved
· Be pro-active in identifying routing and service level improvements, focusing on cost reductions and customer satisfaction
· Ensure vehicles are scheduled for service / safety inspections when required
· Oversee daily defect checking by drivers and collate reports for the TM to review
· Inspiring and enforcing a positive Health and Safety ethic within the team, ensuring the correct resources for a safe working environment are made available along with the delivery of tool box talks
· Review and file transport related records
· Ensure drivers complete paperwork correctly
· Capture feedback stakeholders, either positive or negative and report this for review
· Using planning / routing / tracking software in line with instruction and training
- Previous vehicle routing experience is essential
· Proven track record of motivating drivers to deliver a quality service
· Experience of making quick decisions under pressure in a fast paced environment
· A good understanding of the EU drivers hours and working time directive
· Ability to work alone and as part of a team
· Ability to prioritise work and complete it to a high standard
· Transport Manager CPC is desirable but not essential
· IOSH Managing Safely is desirable but not essential
· Good IT skills are required (e.g. MS Office, vehicle tracking, routing software)
· Valid LGV Class C or C+E licence would be considered beneficial
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Due to the nature of the role, a financial and DBS background check is also required, at the employer’s expense.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com