About our opportunity:
Our Weighbridge Operatives are the face of the company. Our customers and clients depend upon our helpful Weighbridge staff for guidance and service. This is a role where you will make a lasting impression on many people.
We are thrilled to offer this opportunity to someone who is looking to broaden their experience and who is looking to work with an organisation that makes our world a better place. We would welcome applications from retail, hospitality or any other customer-facing role.
As a Weighbridge Administrator, you will develop a solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of the company and the industry, which is often a great springboard into a career in recycling and sustainability.
What you will be doing:
- Managing all vehicles entering and exiting the depot, weighing their load and recording data accurately.
- Recording and calculating inputs and outputs, producing weighbridge tickets.
- Carrying out the necessary admin work to complete the process.
- Liaising with customers, acting as the first point of contact for a customer to resolve any issues/problems.
- Issuing and collecting standard PPE to customers and visitors where required.
- Liaise with other depot team members keeping a steady flow of traffic moving.
- Operating the hands free radio and depot CCTV.
- Developing knowledge of materials, metal grades and the recycling industry.
- You will have outstanding attention to accuracy and detail
- You will have excellent communication skills dealing with customers
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and working to deadlines
- You have the ability to prioritise workload
- You’re professional approach and to remain calm under pressure is second nature to you
Part time role, 22.5 hrs per week.
2 week rotation. Week 1 Thursday & Friday. Week 2 Wednesday, Thursday & Friday with Saturday mornings on a rota basis which will be 1 in 3
Our Ashford depot opening hours are Monday-Friday 7am-4pm & Saturday 7am-11am
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2 compared to using virgin alternatives.
As a world-leading metal recycler, our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
Due to the nature of the role, a financial and DBS background check is also required, at the employer’s expense.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.